Automation in Linen Cleaning: Yamamoto’s New Towel Folder
For years, Yamamoto has made great efforts to design cleaning equipment that provides the best clean and simplifies the linen cleaning process. However, once laundry loads are washed and dried, that’s as far as Yamamoto’s equipment can assist. Today, that’s no longer the case! With the introduction of the FUT10BT, Yamamoto’s automatic towel folder, we can now assist laundry operators from start to finish! Read on to learn more about our new towel folders and how your business could benefit from this small addition of automation.
How Our Machines Work
Yamamoto’s towel folders are an innovative and compact piece of equipment that can quickly and easily integrate into any business’s laundry procedure. With a range of helpful features, Yamamoto looks to set the FUT10BT apart from other auto-folders in the linen cleaning industry. From our new towel folders, laundry operators can expect:
- Auto Sorting
- As the operator loads towels into the machine, it will fold and sort towels in a manner the operator decides ahead of time. The folder will identify the types and sizes of linen products fed into it and perform the preferred folding process based on selected settings. Once folded, the machine will sort linen by size, to different locations and using pre-determined heights.
- Precision Folding Quality
- Other brands of towel folders blast air to lift the edges of the towel into the folding pattern. However, this method can cause inconsistent results and a lesser quality fold. Conversely, the FUT10BT uses a metal flapper blade to create sharp folds for towels and linen. Additionally, our machine uses an automatic feeder sensor that only allows the belts to move once a towel is loaded. This ensures the linen goes in smooth and flat, preventing jams and poorly finished folds.
- Multifunctional Touch Screen
- The FUT10BT uses touch screen controls, giving operators access to customized programs for their equipment. Changes to a programmed folding process can be made on the fly without special software. Operators can also manually activate each feature of the FUT10BT independently in the unlikely event of towel jams or maintenance. Finally, the touch screen controls track each operator’s performance so staff can be audited for speed and accuracy.
- Different Unloading Positions
- The FUT10BT has several options for unloading, which helps operators adopt the equipment into their facility. The folder’s relatively small footprint allows it to fit into smaller areas. Furthermore, the machine’s side or rear feed options allow it to be tucked tightly against other equipment without interfering with existing workflows. All machines come standard with base rollers for easy moving of equipment.
Why Does Your Business Need Auto Folders?
While the laundering process is relatively simple, it can become time-consuming without the right equipment. Not to mention, keeping up with the volume of linen needing folding requires multiple employees and significant time. Automating linen folding can solve concerns of time and labor while ensuring consistent folding quality.
- Towel folding by hand is not challenging for laundry operators. However, a towel folder can fold more at once and at a quicker pace. Per American Laundry News, the average person can fold, sort and stack different-sized towels at a rate of 120 pieces per hour. Compare that to the 650 pieces per hour a FUT10BT can manage; you significantly increase production and save time on folding.
- Linen folding and sorting is the most labor-intensive part of the laundering process. While the task isn’t overly complex, it’s effort your operators could be placing elsewhere. And if you wish to help that process along faster, you must introduce more operators into the mix. Conversely, a towel folder can completely automate the folding and sorting process. Your auto-folder can cut labor hours by as much as 87%. Additionally, it only takes one operator to use your FUT10BT.
- Fold Quality
- Leaving your towel folding to individual operators can mean inconsistent and lower-quality folds. Even the most skilled operator lacks the same consistency of an automated towel folder. With the FUT10BT, you get consistent, high-quality folds with every load. And fold quality matters when preparing fresh linen for storage and transportation.
Check Out the FUT10BT
If you’d like to see Yamamoto’s latest addition to our line of industrial cleaning equipment in action, you can watch a video of our towel folder operating on YouTube. Or, if you have any questions about the FUT10BT, its cost, and when you can begin ordering it, contact Yamamoto NA at 866-437-2550. Our main office is located at 507 W Olive St, Bloomington, IL 61701.